We are happy to join hosts PEACEMOMO for the Northeast Asia Youth Peacebuilders Social Dialogue (NEA-YPSD), a communication space where youths can interact by interpreting and exchanging the challenges of ‘peacebuilding’ from diverse perspectives.
This communal space aims to collect our wisdom about the role of youths and citizens for peacebuilding. There is no age limit for youth. We are open to anyone who thinks of themselves as a youth.
We welcome those who would like to talk freely about peacebuilding in Northeast Asia from the youth’s standpoint and be connected to one another.
Theme: Northeast Asia and Peacebuilding
Date & Time: Every 3rd Thursday from March to June, 2021
March 18, 2021, 7 – 9:30pm (KST)
April 15, 2021, 7 – 9:30pm (KST)
May 20, 2021, 7 – 9:30pm (KST)
June 17, 2021, 7 – 9:30pm (KST)
Participants: Youth who would like to be part of the open conversation for peacebuilding
Goals & Objectives:
- To invite youths from all over the world who would exchange thoughts and reflections about various hot potatoes in the NEA region and actively listen to each other.
- To open a reflective conversation space of the youth who would like to contribute to peacebuilding.
- To seek for a social dialogue model with peace sensitivity based on democratic debate in order to deal with sensitive subjects.
- To pursue, without reaching a conclusion, a comprehensive dialogue of respecting, active listening, questioning, understanding, and connecting.
- To acquire key takeaways about future tasks for NEA peacebuilding.
|1st Session (March 18)||Military tensions of Northeast Asia & the state of affairs|
|2nd Session (April 15)||Democracy & peacebuilding|
|3rd Session (May 20)||Covid-19 & peacebuilding|
|4th Session (June 17)||Overall reflections & share NEA peacebuilding visions|
See here for full details and to sign up! https://www.peacemomo.org/boardPost/101739/153